There is no denying that it can be worrying when you think you might need to consider emergency dental treatment. Pain in your teeth can be quite unbearable at times and often you might not be sure whether it is worthy of an emergency dentist. But what is an emergency dentist? These are dentists that are on hand to perform and treat issues that can’t be left for the next available appointment. Contact our Coolidge, AZ office today for the emergency dental care you need.
When might you need an emergency dentist?
There are situations where you may need an emergency dentist. However, some people find teeth or mouth pain quite unbearable, so it can be tricky to understand when an emergency dentist might be needed, and when you may need to take painkillers and wait for the next available appointment. Here are some of the things to consider to help you decide if and when an emergency dentist might be able to help:
- Are you in severe pain? Severe pain and bleeding are signs of an emergency.
- Have you lost a tooth? Fast treatment can potentially save a tooth and enable you to feel yourself again.
- Do you have loose teeth? Adults should never lose teeth so this can be seen as an emergency . A loose tooth, even without pain, is a serious problem so make sure you see a dentist right away.
- Do you have an infection? An abscess or serious infection in your mouth can be potentially life-threatening, and treatment should not wait. You may notice swelling or knots on your gums or swelling around the face. If in doubt, always get this sort of concern checked by an emergency dentist.
- Are you bleeding from the mouth? This is a potential sign of an emergency.
When you shouldn’t call an emergency dentist?
There are of course situations where you should wait for the next available appointment. This includes:
- Chipped or cracked tooth that isn’t causing pain or damage in your mouth.
- A toothache that isn’t severe.
- If you have lost a crown or filling.
- A loss of a child’s tooth may not be seen as an emergency if it has been knocked out fully. As long as there are no fragments in the mouth that can cause damage to other areas.
If in doubt you can always contact your local emergency dentist within your community who will be in the best position to advise whether they need to see you or not.
Getting in touch with Rivers Edge Dental
If you think you need the help and assistance of an emergency dentist then you can get in touch with Rivers Edge Dental to get sorted with an emergency appointment. Call our Coolidge, AZ office today for immediate dental care.
Call: (520) 759-4100